Hormone Replacement Therapy
Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) isn’t actually replacing a hormone, it simply adds to what is deficient. HRT is a medical service for both men and women. At Key T Wellness in Dickinson, making certain every client feels their best and healthiest is our primary objective. For many of our clients, receiving hormone replacement therapy is the pathway to making that happen.
For men and women, we provide testosterone and estrogen, respectively. There are different methods to having these hormones placed in the body. After conducting a thorough analysis of the client, we are able to accurately determine which method would work best. Studies continue to show the overwhelming positive effects of hormone replacement therapy, and we want everyone who is suffering from low testosterone or low estrogen to experience these positive effects as well.
Methods to Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men
For men with low levels of testosterone, Key T Wellness can help. Low testosterone typically leads to the following symptoms:
- Increase in body fat
- Reduction in sex drive
- Reduction in muscle mass or strength
- Reduction in bone density
- Trouble achieving or maintaining an erection
At our wellness clinic in Dickinson, our medical professionals administer testosterone using different methodologies to best help the patients. Treatment is customized to the individual without the “one-size-fits-all” approach. Here are the most reliable methods:
- Intramuscular testosterone injections: These injections are administered to the buttocks region every 1-2 weeks (Once weekly is preferred).
- Testosterone cream (compounded): This method is applying cream daily to a specific area of the body over several weeks to establish a response level prior to transitioning to either weekly intramuscular injections or pellet therapy.
- Pellet therapy: This is a newer preferred method of sustained treatment, which allows patients to eliminate the highs and lows of weekly injections but does involve a small incision, higher costs, and is typically NOT covered by insurances.
Methods to Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women
Women in need of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) typically are experiencing low or imbalanced levels of certain hormones, like Estrogen, Progesterone and Testosterone. At our Dickinson wellness clinic, we provide Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) that contains bioidentical Estrogen and/or Progesterone, and even Testosterone that is better tolerated by the body and does not have the side effects of other NON-bioidentical hormones that are typically offered elsewhere, some of which have been implicated in certain types of cancers. Women who utilize BHRT are commonly experiencing symptoms of menopause or perimenopause which can and usually include any combination of the following:
- Cognitive (mental) decline
- Decreased sex drive (libido)
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- Lower fertility
- Osteoporosis (thinning bone)
- Sleeping problems
- Thinning hair
- Urinary problems
- Vaginal dryness
- Weight gain and loss of lean muscle mass
HRT for women, also known as menopausal hormone therapy (MHT), can help reduce or eliminate these symptoms. At the Key T Wellness, we provide HRT for women through various methods. Depending on which hormone needs balanced will determine if typical commercial medical insurance plans will cover the cost. Here are the methods we use for women in need of HRT:
- Topical Creams (compounded): This easy-to-use method allows Estrogen or Testosterone to be absorbed through the skin and into the bloodstream. This type must be applied daily as directed.
- Tablets: This oral form of HRT is usually reserved for Estrogen or Progesterone. These are typically taken once per day, but there are others with different dosage schedules. Be certain to take as directed.
- Bioidentical pellet therapy: Unlike the men’s pellet therapy, pellets for women are much smaller but require the same delivery technique using a very small incision that heals in about 7 days. This method does involve higher costs than oral tablets but once inserted, hormone levels remain balanced for 3-6 months (Avg. = 4 months) before new pellets are required.
There are other forms of BHRT for women, but here at Key T Wellness Center, we believe what we offer is the most preferred and delivers the best results with the least risk involved over time.
SCHEDULE YOUR HRT APPOINTMENT
If you suffer from any of the aforementioned symptoms, then consider scheduling your consultation at Key T Wellness. Our health professionals are here to answer your questions and help you unlock your true potential.